No announcement yet.
X

long story short i cracks the 2 bowls on the carburators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's steel into aluminum dude, it doesn't take much.

Comment

got the cold weld. its on and curing. tomorrow ill put some gas in the bowls and see what happens

Comment

it should be fine. the only problem now is you probably welded in the drain screws for good!
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

ya unfortunately there was no way to get good coverage of the cracks without permanently having the drains stuck in there. i guess next winter ill just have to either find a new set of carbs or pull them off and pull the bowls to get the gas out. either way i do appreshate all the help i know it was a dumb move and ive learned my lesson with rushing the job but atleast if this works it will save me afew hundred dollars.

Comment

i have a couple if you are still interested in them.
            89 kat 750
            2X 85 fz 750
            03 1100 v-star
            86 fz600 gawd I love this bike!!

Comment

you sig says 89 750. He has a 98+ 750, you know they won't work right? If you DO have 98+ 750 carbs, awesome. Otherwise your wasting time.

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                I would use the tank stuff, JB hasn't held up in gasoline IMHO.
                Indeed ? I made this at the rally I think almost 2 years ago . Still works ....

Float for my fuel level sender fell off . Didn't hve the patience to fish it out , so I JB'd a carb float onto the end of the arm . Several thousand miles and almost 2 years later , seem to be working just fine .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post

Float for my fuel level sender fell off . Didn't hve the patience to fish it out , so I JB'd a carb float onto the end of the arm . Several thousand miles and almost 2 years later , seem to be working just fine .

Kewl Case possitive! So it does hold up. I JB'd my oil pan after the header punched thru it and so far so good. Good stuff!
                  Joker
                  sigpic

Comment

well then, I stand corrected!
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I do believe md could build a bike out of JB and spare parts.
                      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Comment

If we all donate one maybe two packs of JB he could get started on the frame. Heck send some emails to the company that he is working on it and they may give him some free just for the publicity.
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

Yes MD can build a whole bike with JB!!
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                              Kewl Case possitive! So it does hold up. I JB'd my oil pan after the header punched thru it and so far so good. Good stuff!
                              Been there , done that , still got the oil pan , and STILL does not leak after 5 years . I replaced it anyway when I did the oil temp gauge install .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Been there , done that , still got the oil pan , and STILL does not leak after 5 years . I replaced it anyway when I did the oil temp gauge install .
                                yep still goin strong...damn curbs! Knew that it was oil proof never tried it with gas tho.
                                Joker
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X