X

long story short i cracks the 2 bowls on the carburators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long story short i cracks the 2 bowls on the carburators

so i was rebuilding my carbs on my 03 750. and when i was putting the screws back in the bowls at the bottom i over tightened them and broke two bowls. i cant seem to find new bowls anywhere? anyone know where i might be able to find some????

Daaayum Herc!!!! Gotta go easy man! How bad R they cracked? Just around the bolt holes or did you actually split the bowls themselves?
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

you can't get JUST the bowls, you need new carbs

Comment

damn i really hope i dont need to buy new carbs as far as the crack they are cracked right around the bolt. and as far as the worst case situation are 600 and 750 carbs the same or will i need to find 750 only carbs.
        Last edited by Miyagi; 06-13-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Pictures of the damage?

I believe what arsenic said is true! You can't just buy the bowls but you can find alot of carb sets on ebay
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

ok the cracks are small and it was hard to take a picture of the cracks but this is the best i can do. these are both bowls and cracks.

Comment

i hope you aint callin that "clean". leave the gorilla mechanics to harley davidsons
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

If it was ME, I would try some of that gasoline tank coldweld and see if it works. They sell it at Oreillys and I have never used it but it claims to be gas proof. Try it and leave the bowls off the carbs a few days full of fuel and see if it leaks. You have nothing to lose. I would definitely clean those up alot better though.

Wait a second, how did overtightening bowl cover screws cause that to crack??? Something not put together correctly? That looks like the drain screw galley?
                Last edited by kevin2502000; 06-14-2009, 12:58 AM.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Yes i agree that should be repairable.
                  Joker
                  The newest addition to the Family!
                  sigpic
                  stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                    Wait a second, how did overtightening bowl cover screws cause that to crack??? Something not put together correctly? That looks like the drain screw galley?
                    it IS the drain screw. That's what ape here over tightened

Comment

JB .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I would use the tank stuff, JB hasn't held up in gasoline IMHO.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

yup that is the drain screws and i really didnt put much pressure on them when i was tightening them, i got them tight by hand and then gave them maybe a quarter turn. either way im going to try that stuff on them see if it works and yes i do agree i need to clean the bowls better, i could use an excuse but i was just rushing the job to much (obviously)

Comment

here's what CLEAN bowls look like:

those, not so much.
                            here's what they looked like before.
                            Last edited by arsenic; 06-14-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miyagi View Post
                              yup that is the drain screws and i really didnt put much pressure on them when i was tightening them, i got them tight by hand and then gave them maybe a quarter turn. either way im going to try that stuff on them see if it works and yes i do agree i need to clean the bowls better, i could use an excuse but i was just rushing the job to much (obviously)
                              Uh yeah, if you twisted them a 1/4 turn after hand tight you definitely overtighted them. Usually hand tight will seal them.
                              Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                              Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X