X

Lagging need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagging need help

I have a 600 I recently put new spark plugs in cleaned the k&n air filter put a new chain on changed the oil added carb cleaner and changed the fuel filter and now it seems to struggle with getting past 65 mph and over all seems a little sluggish before I tuned her up and it seems I know it's not a bad patch of gas cuz I went threw 3 tanks now which burned quicker than usual. If anyone has any idea please help thanks

probably the k+n

Comment

Try the bike with a stock air filter and see what it does...

Comment

how much carb cleaner did u put in the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
          how much carb cleaner did u put in the tank?
          1/4 of a bottle enough for 5 gallons

Comment

Loose that K&N. The stocker works far better on your application. Shipster just went through the same issues with his. A simple filter swap solved his issues. Well most of em. Hes still a crazy SOB but we wont hold that against em! heres the thread for it. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97854
            Last edited by JokerZwild; 06-13-2009, 06:06 PM.
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

+1 on the K&N filter. Pre-she-8 the love there Joker, but I think the crazy SOB title goes to you! At least when I go fast I'm still on the ground, not tied to a kite with a motor attached
              "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys , the K&N ain't gonna keep the bike from breakin 65 . Come ON .
                You sure you put the plug wires back on right ? Also , this fuel filter . They ARE directional ....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                  Hey guys , the K&N ain't gonna keep the bike from breakin 65 . Come ON .
                  You sure you put the plug wires back on right ? Also , this fuel filter . They ARE directional ....
                  The filter is on right all the wires are tight and it does break 65 just feelscrestricted when the throttle is open all the way it creeps it's way up .. It was never like this I got to 120 a couple times with no problems

Comment

I'm gonna go with carbs and filter. Not saying that the k & N is bad , just saying clean the carbs , get the carb cleaner outta the tanks, and check your air fuel mixture. I'm guess you have way to much air and way to little fuel. The k and n's are not a great idea. but will work, but you have to match the fuel to air ratio.

Comment

Working...
                    X