X

Switching Frame on 2002 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching Frame on 2002 Kat

I'm in the progress of getting a 2003 Kat 600 from a friend that has a bent frame. I'm not new to mechanics, but I'm new to Suzukis (Honda guy ).

What things do I need to know when looking for a replacement frame. Are there any tips/tricks when switching everything over that can save me some heartache??

Thanks guys!!
    Last edited by 70sdiscotrike; 06-12-2009, 02:51 PM. Reason: Wrong Year!!

I believe any frame 98-06 Katana will work for you. There are a few changes to the bikes 03+, but none that really affect the main frame specifically. You probably want to check a few compatability threads here to be aware of the basic differences. (search button)

There are other frames you motor will bolt into, but you run into more modding going outside of the 98-06 Kat Frames at that point.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a frame for this thing - are there any super secret motorcycle frame stores that I'm not being told about??

Thanks for the input Kreylyn!

Whoops, after playing on google, I noticed that I had the wrong year. His is a 2003, atleast from looking at the tail section.

So, what's the main differences between the 1998-2002 and 2003-2006?

Sorry if these are newb questions, but I've got to learn somewhere.
      Last edited by 70sdiscotrike; 06-12-2009, 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

the difference is the body work. It has NOTHING to do with the framr.

Comment

And the forks/front wheel are a little different... but you can swap either on the same frame.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by 70sdiscotrike View Post
            I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a frame for this thing - are there any super secret motorcycle frame stores that I'm not being told about??
            When you find the frame fairy please let me know, looks like im in need of a kat frame myself....with a clean title

Comment

Working...
            X