X

stock exhaust questions 89'gsx750f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock exhaust questions 89'gsx750f

Had a question on exhuast. I was looking to move to a single exhaust instead of the dual stock exhaust already on the bike. My question is can I use the stock headers 4 into 2 to make it into a 4 into one? Do they make a single silencer that bolts up to the stock headers? just looking for a slip on so I dont have to mess with the jets
    Last edited by waffenampt; 06-12-2009, 09:30 AM.

Nope... but...

Pipe expander and a Y exhaust pipe from the auto store will get you started towards 4-2-1 setup.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You can do anything with a welder and some tubing.

Biggest PIA is going to be crossing under the bike. The 4-2 exhaust goes on their side of the oil pan with a balancer tube in the middle. So, you'd have to cross 2 of the primaries, in the same location as the balancer tube.

I thought about doing it too, but when I looked at the work it would take, I decided my stock exhaust wasn't THAT bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
        You can do anything with a welder and some tubing.

Biggest PIA is going to be crossing under the bike. The 4-2 exhaust goes on their side of the oil pan with a balancer tube in the middle. So, you'd have to cross 2 of the primaries, in the same location as the balancer tube.

I thought about doing it too, but when I looked at the work it would take, I decided my stock exhaust wasn't THAT bad.
        Balancer tube is only needed if your keeping dual cans. If your going 1 can, then I would replace the tube with the Y pipe, then imediately cut out from there to the side you choose. Probably start the Y so that it's real close around the oil pan, and that should give you plenty of clearance to cut out.

Muffler shop can make a mid pip pretty easily and fairly low cost.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Right, that's what I was trying to say, just didn't do a good job saying it.

You'd just end up with a pretty mean turn for the 2 tubes that are opposite the can, because there's not much room.

Comment

Working...
          X