Quick question (Chain Adjustment)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question (Chain Adjustment)

1999 600f

Can I adjust my chain while on the center stand?

Also, how much slack should the bottom run have while sitting on the center stand?

Thanks

E
    Last edited by theSarge; 06-11-2009, 08:28 PM.

Yes and 25-30mm.

(Manual says 20-30, but I would recommend more on the looser side)

Damn-- Just realized you said for a 650. Not sure if I am relavent now or not.... '99 650?? If you meant 750 then the above is correct.
    Last edited by Cheriff; 06-11-2009, 08:24 PM.
    -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
      Yes and 25-30mm.

(Manual says 20-30, but I would recommend more on the looser side)

Damn-- Just realized you said for a 650. Not sure if I am relavent now or not.... '99 650?? If you meant 750 then the above is correct.

oops! 600!! fixed

thx

Comment

Yep. still ok with a post 98+ 600
        -2000 "750"

Comment

If you do the adjustment on the center stand, check it again off the center stand. The slack in the chain is gonna be drastically different when it has the weight of the bike on it.

Comment

-2000 "750"

Comment

How much slack should there be on the chain while on the sidestand? because I have a considerable amount.

I have not noticed any chain issues I just notice a slope on the bottom run while I walked up to my bike the other day.

Comment

Ya how tight should it be when on the side stand? I don't have a center stand ):

Mine was really tight, no slack at all.. I gave it slack tho, but I dunno if it should be tight or slacked with side stand.

Comment

bump:

Anyone?

Comment

No more than 1"

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

There is no correct answer to this question as the suspension settings & weight of rider & any passenger will affect the amount of slack you need in the chain so that its not over tight or too slack when fully loaded up, all the manual gives is a guide, 25 to 30 mm will be fine with me (skinny guy) riding alone on my stock (fairly stiff) suspension settings but stick a big fella on that & the chain is going to be like an iron bar as the suspension compresses

If the same big fella gets the suspension set with the correct sag etc for his weight then again 25mm or so will be fine but if this is has not been done the only way to find out whats right is to sit your *** on it, see what slack you have & ajust it to suit

tone
                      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                      X