X

Frame Questions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Questions!

I need to know if 89 gsx750f will fit into a 95 gsxz750 frame and what parts will and wont change over. Basically a frame swap. Ive been told it would all be fine but i figured id check with some experienced suzuki boys before starting the project.

95 gsxr750,
    Last edited by zuvrx667; 06-11-2009, 01:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Originally posted by zuvrx667 View Post
    I need to know if 89 gsx750f will fit into a 95 gsxz750 frame and what parts will and wont change over. Basically a frame swap. Ive been told it would all be fine but i figured id check with some experienced suzuki boys before starting the project.

95 gsxr750,
    You want to put 89 Katana parts in a 95 GSXR750 frame?

Um, not much of anything is going to be a straight bolt up...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

it's the exact same frame bro.

Comment

Ive been told that 89-96 gsxr and gsxf bikes have the same frame but different offsets and after 93 different radiator mounts due to liquid cooling rather than oil.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          it's the exact same frame bro.

Engine might mount in, possibly the forks?... Would love to know what else is going to mount right up on a GSXR frame off of a Katana with out mods...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by zuvrx667 View Post
            Ive been told that 89-96 gsxr and gsxf bikes have the same frame but different offsets and after 93 different radiator mounts due to liquid cooling rather than oil.
            you've been told wrong. The gsxr has an aluminum frame, the Kat has a steel frame. The gsxr went water cooled in 1993. The gsxr and kat are about as different as frames can get.

Comment

Working...
            X