X

I think my carbs aren't OEM..?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my carbs aren't OEM..?

my bike: 1988 gsx600f.. the carbs I should have, I think:mukini bst31ss. but I have KeiHin cvk carbs.? are these the right ones for my bike? I've been having issues finding a vacuum and fuel line diagram for my setup because the only ones I find are mukini.. HELP!!

The FSM says that you should have the standard BST series mikunis. The only exception is the euro-spec 750s which got mikuni VM29SS carbs.
    The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

HMM, this could be a definite problemo.. I know the bike has a grip of stuff done to it(i.e. internals, full exhaust,..carbs i guess) this is getting irratating tho! im havin issues with the setup because I cant find a diagram that shows what to do with the vacuum ports on the carbs.

Comment

Could you get us a picture? My buddies 80s kawasaki has Keihin CV type carbs. I dont know the exact model of carb, but if theyre similar I might be able to help you out
        The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

yeah definately, but not till tomorrow.. I'm at work on break right now. they look really similar in setup to the stocks just with subtle diff's. I'll get pics on tomorrow tho.

Comment

Someone might have swapped in bandit carbs.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

the keihlin carbs maybe someone thought it'd be an upgrade?? sometimes diff carbs are an upgrade depending on what u have?
              shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

RS Mikuni = upgrade, Keihin CV type carbs = not an upgrade

Comment

well I figured them out either way, got them tuned in @ a/f 2.25 turns from seat. it seems to run really well now. I found out they should be carbs from a ninja 750r.. 40mm I think, I'll most likely just pick up a reman set for my bike this winter. they were kinda tricky but just as long as they work for the summer I'll be alright. is sync'ing my carbs myself worth it or should I just pay the $40 to get it done? I've never done it and dont wanna mess it up

Comment

Working...
                  X