X

Clutch slips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch slips

Hey, I have bled my clutch alot, and the clutch engages great when there isn't alot of pressure on the lever, but after riding around for a bit its like it builds up pressure and the lever is at like 100% pressure the whole stroke.. and then I'll bleed it a bit and make sure the lever pressure isnt right up there( a little play) and take it out and it work excellent....

Would it just be some air in the lines still and when it is compressed it lets in more fluid therefor when the lever is out there is that much more fluid in the system pushing on the clutch?

Help plz

So 120 views and no-one can help me out here????? Common guys.. I wouldn't mind being able to not have to adjust my clutch lever before I go riding...............

Comment

Are you using the right fluid for the clutch? Also whens the last time you've flushed out the system? If you used the wrong brake fluid I.E. DOT 4 and it needs Dot 3, it might cause a problem. About the only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I'm using D.O.T. 4 like it says on the master cylinder cap, And I have flushed the system, dissasemmbled the master & cleaned a bunch of gunk out, and ya.. There is a possibility that there could be some more air in there.. I'll flush the hell out of it again and go thru like a liter and see what happenes...

Comment

Just to be clear here, But your saying that when you start off the clutch is fine, releasing near the bar. But after riding, the clutch gets to the point that the release is almost fully off the handlebar correct?

Question for you. When this occurs, and you go to "bleed it", When you crack open the bleeder, Prior to squezing the clutch.... Does fluid spurt out of the bleeder? If so, you might have a checked clutch hose.

By "Checked" I mean a damaged hose. Let me explain this a little. Any pressurized hose has three basic elements to it. Exterior shell, windings and interior shell. Lots of factors affect all aspects on tri layer hosing. Sunlight, Moisture, VOC loss and brutal force. For example, Applying visegrips to stop flow is a good way to cause a check. "Check".. or "check valves" are basically breaks on the interior liner that allow fluid to pass, but block the return path to allow the pressure to release. Basically something inside the hose blocks the return.

Even tho the exterior might not show any indication of a incident, the inside might. Its why I asked if, When you opened the bleeder, it suddenly spurts out, Like under a little pressure.
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

So I cracked the bleed screw without touching the lever and it didn't squirt out, but it did flow out.... what does this mean? haha

Comment

I doubt there would be excess air in there because air would make it soft right? There isnt a pushrod adjustment on that clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by 88GSX1100F View Post
                So I cracked the bleed screw without touching the lever and it didn't squirt out, but it did flow out.... what does this mean? haha

Means gravity is at work. Pump the chit out it, hold the lever in, then crack it open letting the handle hit the bar, then tighten the screw.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                  Means gravity is at work. Pump the chit out it, hold the lever in, then crack it open letting the handle hit the bar, then tighten the screw.
                  This.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                  X