X

leak proof fork seals reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leak proof fork seals reviews

Was just wondering if any of you mechanics had any experience with the brand name "leak proof fork seals" often found in aftermarket sales catologs. Are they any better than stock.? I was interested in these because they come as a kit with the wipers and seals in one package. Has anyone had experience with theses seals? Are these seals durable?
    Last edited by waffenampt; 06-10-2009, 12:07 PM.

stick with OEM

leak proof seals work as they say LEAK proof but that also means the seals are dragging on a bone dry fork shaft and the seals wear out faster.
    I use them only on older worn forks or slightly pitted forks
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I put a set on my '90 750 last spring and havent had a lick o troubles. I keep an eye on the fork tubes, and they're not bone dry above the wiper, just a light sheen sayin they aint dried out.
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I haven't put the "all balls" fork seals in yet but I had read reviews that they were pretty good. I bought a pair to rebuild my Kat forks but never got around to it and now that I'll be using GSXR forks I bought another kit for those. Saw the "no leak" ones on ebay one time but never used them..
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
          stick with OEM

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
            stick with OEM
            +1
            Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
              +1
              +2

I've mentioned it before but I replace my fork seals with over 64,000 miles on OEM seals and never had an issue.

That alone was enough for me to stay with Suzuki's seals.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

well arent the oem seals dragging on a bone dry tube also? what do the oems leaks some oil to lubricate the seal ? im confused

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                  I haven't put the "all balls" fork seals in yet but I had read reviews that they were pretty good. I bought a pair to rebuild my Kat forks but never got around to it and now that I'll be using GSXR forks I bought another kit for those. Saw the "no leak" ones on ebay one time but never used them..
                  put a pair of those in last year, and had change them two months later!
                  Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

Originally posted by smartone1971 View Post
                    put a pair of those in last year, and had change them two months later!
                    what the all balls or leak proof?

Comment

Working...
                    X