No announcement yet.
X

bike dies when put into gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it make any unusual noises?? (possible timing chain broken)
    2008 ZZR 600 (His)
    Black
    Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
    Red
    Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

if it's still doing it, the side stand switch is NOT bypassed. You can feel free to keep saying that isn't the problem, but it is.

Comment

did you check the three things i put on the last thread? ie, sidestand switch, relay? yes i got spark. so two more.
        Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

relay , side stand

well its been awhile but i finally testd the relay and side stand switch with continuity tester and both are working . so i guess its mechanical? clutch plates ? what else could it be mechanically

Comment

Originally posted by downsey View Post
            ok i just let it warn up 5 minutes i tryed every combination with the same results . soon as i kick into gear it dies . it does lunge maybe an inch . i tryed to start it in gear with the clutch lever out and get nothing doesent lunge forward , doesnt click or make a sound , kickstand up or down . it will only start in nuetral , and lunges forward an inch or so then dies when putting it into gear with the kickstand up and the clutch lever pulled in . Thank You to every one who is helping me get my kat rooling soon i hope .
            Forget the side stand switch if the bike IS JUMPING WHEN PUT IN GEAR+CLUTCH IN+CENTERSTAND UP. TIME FOR SOME CLUTCH WORK...........YEAH IM A SQUID BUT I GOT ALL THE SAME ANSWERS ABOUT THE SIDE STAND. CUT THE WIRES AND CONNECT TOGETHER. RULE THAT OUT. WHATS LEFT. STICKING CLUTCH PLATES, OR THE TRANS HAS FUSED TOGETHER(THAT BAAAAADDDD). MAKE SURE NOONE WAS USING CAR OIL ON THOSE WET CLUTCHES.
            CHILL WILL

Comment

Originally posted by DaPurjn1 View Post
              Forget the side stand switch if the bike IS JUMPING WHEN PUT IN GEAR+CLUTCH IN+CENTERSTAND UP. TIME FOR SOME CLUTCH WORK...........YEAH IM A SQUID BUT I GOT ALL THE SAME ANSWERS ABOUT THE SIDE STAND. CUT THE WIRES AND CONNECT TOGETHER. RULE THAT OUT. WHATS LEFT. STICKING CLUTCH PLATES, OR THE TRANS HAS FUSED TOGETHER(THAT BAAAAADDDD). MAKE SURE NOONE WAS USING CAR OIL ON THOSE WET CLUTCHES.
              I would think after THREE YEARS this dood figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by dapurjn1 View Post
                forget the side stand switch if the bike is jumping when put in gear+clutch in+centerstand up. Time for some clutch work...........yeah im a squid but i got all the same answers about the side stand. Cut the wires and connect together. Rule that out. Whats left. Sticking clutch plates, or the trans has fused together(that baaaaadddd). Make sure noone was using car oil on those wet clutches.
                You can use my office and then maybe afterwards we can go to lunch!
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                X