X

carbs need synchronized

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbs need synchronized

i used to have a bandit 600, now i got a 96 kat 750 and it is a little faster, i was just wandering if the kat should be alot faster than the bandit. the kat sat for a year and a half before i got it, i think the carbs need cleaned and synched. any info would be greatly appreciated.

A clean and synch is always a good idea on a new purchase. Generally when I buy any vehicle I assume that absolutely zero maintenance was ever done and basically run down the service list and do it all.
    sigpic
    »Ross Wendell
    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Yup. New plugs, oil, oil filter, possibly air filter, clean carbs, synch them.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Don't forget to set the valves. It's a pain to get to them but if they're off you'll never get full power and they'll throw off the sync, too. Probably ought to lube the throttle and clutch cables, too.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
          X