X

Backfire/Carb question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backfire/Carb question

I have a 2006 katana 750...the 2nd one i've owned. My '89 would backfire on command..just kill the ignition, open throttle and turn ignition on and BANG...instant fun. Why won't the 06 backfire in the same manner? The ignition turns back on like nothing ever happened.

Is there a way to modify my 06 to allow for backfiring on demand? Thanks in advance for any help...

I remember doing fun stuff likke that in a buddies chevy 350 truck. until it blew holes in 3 of the pistons

Comment

hmm, only 3/8 of the pistons were fried?? eh, I can still haul *** on 2 cylinders...seriously though, i know its a bit of a risk in damaging the engine, but I did it all the time on my 89 and had the bike for over 30000 miles so i wanna risk it again w/ the 06.

Comment

...is this a serious question?
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

it might be different

I remember my buddy lost his licesnce and I had to drive him around a bit in the 350 farm truck. Some guy was messin with his girl so we would go past this kids house and about 200 feet before his house my buddy would reach over turn the ingnition off then Id give her some gas. Well anyways when we got up next to where his house was he turn the ignition on and bang sounds like a bomb expoding. After bout a month or two of that the chevy limped home one night after the bigg bang.

Comment

Originally posted by louiscfi View Post
            I have a 2006 katana 750...the 2nd one i've owned. My '89 would backfire on command..just kill the ignition, open throttle and turn ignition on and BANG...instant fun. Why won't the 06 backfire in the same manner? The ignition turns back on like nothing ever happened.

Is there a way to modify my 06 to allow for backfiring on demand? Thanks in advance for any help...
            Reason for the backfire.... unburnt hydrocarbons flooded into the exhuast combined with oxygen, and given a spark to ignite, causes boom in the pipe...

Reasons yours may not be going it...
            • New bike doesn't have any exhaust leak allowing for much oxygen, so there is too much fuel and no boom....
            • New bike timing is in a manner that does not allow for a spark or ignited fuel to enter the exhaust to ignite the rest.
            • Your doing it wrong...

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            ...is this a serious question?
            Probably...

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks so far, and yes, this is a serious question. Kreylyn, you might be onto something w/ the timing...and I doubt i'm doing it wrong since I have done it on every motorcycle I have owned for the last 20 yrs....brand new or 50000 miles into it.

Comment

I'm guessing there have been a lot of different motorcycles over the years...
                -2000 "750"

Comment

the only way I can think of is to put a nitrous system in it.

Comment

man, you guys are rough....actually my dad and all of our friends have been doing it since I can remember and have never had a single internal engine problem for what its worth...

oh, only 3 streetbikes over the last 16 yrs and 50000 miles riding between the 3 of them...2 dirtbikes b4 that...no probs w/ backfiring on every ride.
                    Last edited by louiscfi; 06-08-2009, 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Biggest concern I would have would be bent/burnt exhaust valves if doing it alot or at high temps on the motor (running hot).

My bike does it at a slightly smaller scale all the time on decel without intending due to the unhooked CA emmisions crap.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

save the bike and eat lots and lots of beans instead
                        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

im watching re-runs of Corky

Comment

Working...
                          X