X

threaded hole ontop engine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threaded hole ontop engine

I am still trying to narrow down where my leaking/ spraying oil is coming from and I think I found another possible issue... this threaded hole ontop the engine that spews somethin when the throttle is hit. Check out the picture and let me know if there is a bolt or some kind of add on that is supposed to go there
    Attached Files

I'm definately no mechanic. but common sense would be telling me to put a bolt in there ..

Comment

Should be a small threaded plug in that hole from what I see on the fiche for that year.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

yup

you missing the plug and a copper washer should be there to

Comment

ya i just went to a suzuki dealer and ordered the part, so again, i wait 5 days to get a cheap part and a gasket... thanks for ur help

Comment

For a temporary fix you could have gone to a local hardware store to get a metric bolt and washer. You would need to know the diameter and pitch, however.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

ya... i didnt know that and couldnt find any info on it in clymer or haynes, so i had to resort to paying the dealership and waiting

Comment

Duct tape .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

jb weld and a little love

juss kidding
                  Last edited by waffenampt; 06-07-2009, 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

My question is "how the heck do you lose that bolt without noticing?" -- as in, how is it that someone removed/loosened the bolt in the first place...

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well i guess the answer to your question is that it must have some how vibrated off or was never on the bike when i bought it. I just bought the bike maybe less than 2 months ago and I have barely been able to ride it since I have had to fix other things wrong with it

Comment

sound like someone like taking things apart , but forgot to put them back
                        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Ya, one of the previous owners must have loved doing that, since there are bolts missing all over the bike that I have had to replace. It either that or a lazy mechanic at the dealership I took it to.

Comment

I know the feeling. The 89 750 kat I bought is missing all of the fairing rubbers and connectors and the little bushings for the rubber inserts. Tryed buying some of the stuff at home depot but I dunno if its the same stuff.

Comment

That bolt missing would give you a vacuum leak deep in the engine that would keep the idle from being as healthy as it ought to be... good news is that putting the replacement in may actually make your bike run better

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X