X

Help me replace my starter cover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me replace my starter cover

I crashed my bike and the starter cover cracked, can you guys help me replace and and tell me what I need, as in a new gasket sealant? etc?

allen wrenches, the new starter gasket and thats it you can use some silicone bead to make sure you get a good seal buti never do

Comment

Do i just replace all the oil since it all leaked out? If so what kind and how much oil? Where do I get the oil? the bike is a 1999 Katana 600

Comment

do a full oil change

Comment

how many qts= full and what type of oil

Comment

I use just shy of 5qts, and I use "Amsoil Synthetic Motorcycle Oil 10W-40" when you go to buy your oil the dealer can tell you exactly what your capacity is on your bike, synthetic a little more $$$ but well well worth it?

Also dont forget replace oil filter.
            THINK I CHEAT? MAYBE YOU JUST SUCK!

Comment

well the oil filter is new, it was replaced 2 days ago when the bike was tuned up

Comment

yea its up to you you can keep the oil filter or you can change it

Comment

usually just below the oil cap, there is the amount of oil need stamped on the engine. My 1100 takes 4300 mls. (milliliters). I am not sure if the US bikes have that or not.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                  X