X

Air box- air filter seal??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air box- air filter seal??

Just had a question for all of you who know your bikes well. I just bought a 89' gsx750f that was torn down. I found out its missing alot of the rubber parts and fasteners that hold everything together. I recently inspected the air filter. Took the 4 screws out and popped the filter out the air box. I noticed that there is no seal between the filter asssembly and the air box. I looked on microfiche and couldnt find a o-ring seal or anything , but im not sure. It is just plastic against plastic. Am I missing somthing is there a inner seal on the round groove on the filter assemby? Just wondering if the previous owner took it out and forgot to put it back in. There is a round groove all the way around the air filter assembly just wondering if there is suppoesed to be a seal ? ty

I'm pretty sure because of where it sits in the system, the vacuum pulling on the filter itself pulls it tight enough to seal the lip, even if the screws weren't tight...

I just pulled a new one down off the shelf, and it doesn't have a rubber gasket in it either...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks for the input

Comment

Originally posted by waffenampt View Post
        thanks for the input
        Your welcome, weapons department.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

seal

there is a seal in there i do believe its foam

Comment

seal???

You think it has a foam seal between the air filter and the airbox? I looked on microfiche and couldnt identify one. Also I looked at the repair manual and really cant tell there for sure either, but it does look like it has a foam seal in one of the pics. My filter assembly is just plastic no old foam or glue from where a old gasket use to be either. Somone has to know the truth is there a gasket between the air filter and air box??

Comment

I had a Uni filter with no seal. I went to Home Depot and bought 1/8" foam weatherstrip and went around the area where the seal was suppose to be. Worked great.

Comment

Working...
              X