X

I dont know whats going on help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know whats going on help

ok my bike is overheating im pretty sure of it. It dies on me everytime that it gets really hot. I have no idea whats causing it. Can it be the air filter? What? Any advice would help but in short everytime i ride the bike for a nice distance it doesnt want to start back up and when it does it dies shortly after runing and will not kick over agian untill it cools.
    pveity = 100%

sounds like something in the ignition is getting too hot or maybe just worn, i had teh same thing happen to an eclipse i use to have...
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

I'm not a mechanic, but it wouldn't be the engine. If anything it would be an electrical problem. Perhaps CP, Arsenic or Hardlydangerous could help. PM them.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Will it run again after opening the fuel tank, or putting the petcock on reserve?
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i have tried opening the fuel but it still overheats..
          pveity = 100%

Comment

I just experienced a similar issues on my 2002 600 katana this past Monday. While riding on the NYS Thruway, my bike just died. I was running 2s up, fully loaded (top box, saddle bags and tank bag), at speeds slightly above posted limit, I had only gone about 80miles when it died on me the first time. The bike started up again within 5 minutes. I rode a further 100miles when she died on me again. The bike started up about 5minutes later and i made the remaining 120miles or so of my journey with no problems.
            While at the Americade in Lake George, a previous Katana owner suggested that my ignition coils may have over-heated.
            One thing that i did notice; i had all my cold gear on and it appears that my knees were covering the side vents?? Maybe this contributed to the problem.
            I changed my riding position (knees away from vents), and rode home from Lake George to Buffalo ~330 miles, stopping only for gas, with some spirited riding with no issues.
            I am not sure what happened, maybe someone else here could shed some light on this issue.

Comment

Working...
            X