X

rear brakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear brakes

I know this has more than likely been discussed, but I couldn't find it in the three seconds I looked. (LOL) I was just looking some information on how to change the rear brakes on my 05 Katana 750. I just went for my inspection and the mechanic told to check em out and they look like they could use changing. Any help, as usual, would be greatly appreciated.
    "Your opinion of me is none of my business"...Helryd

Directions are in the manual.

If you don't have one, download from here (use search button)

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Comment

He probably just wants you to buy parts/labor from him. What did he mean specifically though. Bad rotor? pad? calipers? fluid?
        Let's go riding!

Comment

He said the rear brake pads were getting low. I have 5000 miles on the bike.

Comment

Changing pads is super easy. A simple google search and common sense will get it done for you.
            Let's go riding!

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by helryd View Post
                He said the rear brake pads were getting low. I have 5000 miles on the bike.
                Pull em out and check em visually. There is a line down the center of the pads that will show "replacement" time. If no line, it's time for new.

I mention this only because I've had inspections declined due to "issues" that turns out was not an issue, and was more of a sales ploy.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I took a look and they definately need to be changed. Would you know a good place to order them from? Thanks

Comment

Yeah, buy them from one of our sponsors here, MO Powersports. HS2020 can hook ya up.
                    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                      Yeah, buy them from one of our sponsors here, MO Powersports. HS2020 can hook ya up.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

+1

great vendor
                        Let's go riding!

Comment

how to change the rear brake pads

I just bought a 1990 katana 600 and the rear brakes are getting bad(squealing when you come to a stop) I have a little knowledge on working on bikes, I also have a haynes manual I want to do the work myself how hard is it to change the rear brakes? do you have to take the rear tire off like the manual says? I have done brakes on a car quite a few times. also is there anywhere that has pics of step by step instructions the pics in the manual aren't very clear and when you are the ripe old age of 50 and wear reading glasses it makes it tuff to see the pics in a book.
                          Thanks for your help I appreciate it!!!

Comment

Super easy...

Take the cap off

Pull the pins, slide out the 2 "rail pins", pull the pads out. Reverse to instal.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

rear brakes

when you say pull the pins and slide the rails out what do you mean? I have looked at it and seen the cap and popped it off to look at it, you don't have to remove the caliper? I appreciate your help and apoligize for not understanding thanx

Comment

Working...
                              X