X

running on 3 cylinders.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running on 3 cylinders.

98 Kat 600 sat out in light rain all day at work today. Fired up ok but didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders. By the time I got home 15 min ride it started acting normal. Any ideas? Wet wires? bad plug? Rode to store later and ran fine.

The next time it does it, get a little spray bottle and mist some water on the headers to see which cylinder it is. Mine always ran a little rough after being out in the rain, but riding through the rain was always fine. Couldn't hurt to pull the plugs and see if one is noticeably darker than the rest.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I seem to think that in decent downpours that water runs past the tank and sits in the flap that is made to deflect water when riding in turn causing this as I've had the same thing happen.also washed it once an got 1/8 mile from my house an dropped to 1cyl(lucky i was turned around an was able to coast down the hill
      It's not an R bike,it's made for sport touring. Compare it to what it IS!

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Ditto on spraying the headers to see which cylinder. Then pull the plug for that cyl and check for fouling. If the plug looks good check the wire and it's connections. Spray the connections down with wd40 and when dry go ahead and apply a bit of conductive gel. Then try again

If the plug is fouled I'd order a set from CP and replace them all. IF they foul again quickly then you probably have an issue with your carbs / AF ratio.
          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Working...
          X