X

starter help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter help

Hi I a noob on this forum but I need some help, I know this might be a simple thing to fix but I don't really know to much about motorcycle engines. I have a 94 Katana 600 its been sittin for about a month now and I tried to start it yesterday and the soleniod seems to have gotten stuck. The bike is off with the key and the switch but the starter is still cranking away. Do I try and find the solenoid and tap it? or is there somthing else I can do? If that is the case where excatly is the solenoid at? Like I said I am a nood to motorcycle engines but I have worked on cars with these similar problems. Thanks for ya'lls help

Solenoid is attached to the battery box . WANTING to say on the right , but not real sure right nowe (meds is kickin in)
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

follow the fat heavy red cable from the + side of the battery. it runs to the selinoid, and from there to the starter. the two smaller wires in teh center of the selinoid are the start circuit. one comes from the starter button (yellow/green) via the clutch safety switch, and the other goes to frame/battery ground. time for a new selinoid if it's keepin the starter cranking. i assume you pulled the battery cable to stop it
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
        follow the fat heavy red cable from the + side of the battery. it runs to the selinoid, and from there to the starter. the two smaller wires in teh center of the selinoid are the start circuit. one comes from the starter button (yellow/green) via the clutch safety switch, and the other goes to frame/battery ground. time for a new selinoid if it's keepin the starter cranking. i assume you pulled the battery cable to stop it

anyway to disable it once i start it

Comment

Working...
        X