X

jetting.....looking info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetting.....looking info

I'm wondering what main and slow jets come in the stage 1 kits, I'm acutally looking a starting point to build a stage 3 kit regardless of the dead spot i hear about caused by removing the air box.also the jet sizes in the pre 98 750's wit stage 3 kits.
    It's not an R bike,it's made for sport touring. Compare it to what it IS!

My DynoJet kit was for a pre 750 and came with 116, 120, 126, 130, 140, and 144 main jets.

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
      My DynoJet kit was for a pre 750 and came with 116, 120, 126, 130, 140, and 144 main jets.
      I assume the 126 was low speed jet an the 144 was main for a stage 3? my stock is 50 low an 117.5 main,any chance you remember the stock ones?thanks

Comment

what your saying is NOT pre 750. That's 98+. Only 98+ have a 50 jet. That's not the "slow" or "low" jet. It's a STARTER jet. Stock 98+ 750 is 117.5 mains. Stock pre 98 750 is 1, 2, and 4 105 and #3 110. There is no 50. No one makes a stage 3 for 98+, there's a reason for that.

Comment

The sizes I gave you are mains only.

Comment

The bike pictured in your avatar is not a pre 750. It's a 98+ 750, what gives?

Comment

That was my next question.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                what your saying is NOT pre 750. That's 98+. Only 98+ have a 50 jet. That's not the "slow" or "low" jet. It's a STARTER jet. Stock 98+ 750 is 117.5 mains. Stock pre 98 750 is 1, 2, and 4 105 and #3 110. There is no 50. No one makes a stage 3 for 98+, there's a reason for that.
                arsenic come on,you seem like a smart person,u would think i know it's a 98+ considering i own 6 bikes but anyway,i also know there is not stage3 kit,thats why i said i was gonna play with it an see what i come up with,this thing won't run with the slip on an the k&n so i gotta use the stock filter,in my years of engines that only means that there is alot more fuel that can be added(correct) but I think there maybe something with the carbs an the vaccum to where it's unable to lift the slides without all the restriction from the airbox,is this your thought or have you never attempted because of what ppl say? btw i'm not here to be told don't try it an I'm not here to argue with anyone.thanks

Comment

The jet kits I've seen for post 98's come with needles and mains only, no pilot jets. The stock pilot jets for a non-California model are 15's and the CA models get 12.5's. The CA model get smaller air bleed jets then the Fed models which helps with the lean pilots and "leaner" running needles (which get replaced with the ones from the jet kit). So if you get a jet kit and have a CA model, you would benefit by getting the #15 pilot jets for a Fed model. You will then have a slightly rich low speed setting and can run you idle mixture screws in about a half turn more than usual (from a Fed model).
                  Confused yet?

Comment

i got u on that.i've put 120's in with stock air box/filter and then put 128's in with stock air box/filter bout an hour ago and both done fine still not enough to run without air box yet so i'm gonna wait till i can get some bigger jets an then try some more(it starts and idles fine without the airbox with all orignal jets or with the others)

just a thought ARSENIC,i see your in love! you know that only causes pain later,right? sorry i gotta be da one to tell you that
                    Last edited by nismoz; 05-30-2009, 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by nismoz View Post
                      ARSENIC,i see your in love! you know that only causes pain later,right? sorry i gotta be da one to tell you that
                      I'm pretty sure my ex wife would agree with you there.

arsenic come on,you seem like a smart person,u would think i know it's a 98+ considering i own 6 bikes but anyway,i also know there is not stage3 kit,thats why i said i was gonna play with it an see what i come up with,this thing won't run with the slip on an the k&n so i gotta use the stock filter,in my years of engines that only means that there is alot more fuel that can be added(correct) but I think there maybe something with the carbs an the vaccum to where it's unable to lift the slides without all the restriction from the airbox,is this your thought or have you never attempted because of what ppl say? btw i'm not here to be told don't try it an I'm not here to argue with anyone.thanks
                      I would think you know that. However, EVERYTHING you said is 98+ 750 jetting. Mains - 117.5 (98+ 750) "slow" jet - 50 (98+). PRES do not have a 50, ANYWHERE.
                      Last edited by arsenic; 05-30-2009, 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i got u on that.i've put 120's in with stock air box/filter and then put 128's in with stock air box/filter bout an hour ago and both done fine still not enough to run without air box yet so i'm gonna wait till i can get some bigger jets an then try some more(it starts and idles fine without the airbox with all orignal jets or with the others)
                        pre750
                        With pods and full exhaust , I ran 140-144's . Kinda rich . Dynoj was off the scale . But I had worn carbs parts , too .
                        With airbox and same exhaust , I ran 116's , and had it dyno'd , which indicated a bit rich . Went with 114's . MAY still need to tweak some , though .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                        X