please help carb problem already tried carbs 101

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help carb problem already tried carbs 101

help help please help
    ive been driving my self crazy ok heres the sympnosis one night the bike ran fine , the following morning the bike starts but wont rev over 5K rpms so i diss assemble and compleatly clean the carbs twice all the way through still wont rev over 5K also fauls the plugs floats set to 14mm 136 mains vance hines full exhaust and pods i know it could be the pods so i removed them and it still results in 5K max rpms please help!! -mike
    thanks

ALL plugs foul ?
    If you can be SURE the carbs are decent , it's likely a 'lectrical gremlin .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Are you sure your firing on all 4 cylinders?
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, is your choke stuck? Re-think everything you did to the carb's on re-assembly. You may have to pull them again and re-check your work. I did ask if your slides were all rising at the same time since you said the bike will run with the pod's off.

Comment

carbs

md86 is correct beat it with hammer if that doesnt fix it its electrical. well mine is doing the same thing. if you find out whats wrong shoot me a message. ive had my carbs off 954,786,547 times give or take a few times. ive been dealing with it for 3 seasons

Comment

new plugs, not gas ladden the question is should it run with no restriction? (pods) if its not suppost to what could be the problem valves?

Comment

Well , yeah , I mean , it CAN run with pods (I used to run them) , and it CAN run with no airbox , but it might not run WELL , and ain't safe for the motor .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

ok so it is the carbs i moved the clips to 3rd from the top on the needles and now she purrs at idle but wont take any throttle it just dies so im thinking i need to turn the fuel up bc im trying to get her to run without pods till i can get my air box what do yall think?

please dont flame me for running my bike w/ air filtration i know its bad im just trying to trouble shoot some things b/f putting it all together to find out that its still not fixed thanks
                -mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike10562004 View Post
                  ok so it is the carbs i moved the clips to 3rd from the top on the needles and now she purrs at idle but wont take any throttle it just dies so im thinking i need to turn the fuel up bc im trying to get her to run without pods till i can get my air box what do yall think?

please dont flame me for running my bike w/ air filtration i know its bad im just trying to trouble shoot some things b/f putting it all together to find out that its still not fixed thanks
                  -mike
                  The fuel flow from the needles doesn't kick in till around 4k rpm. If the bike is hot and your riding, get a bit of stumble there then you drop the clip down 1 from the top. If it's higher rpms that you get the stumble, then go up one towards the top. This is all for over 4k rmp operation, warm (running 10-15 mins) and on a load (riding it).

Idle (under 3k rmps) is based upon pilot jets, air/fuel screw settings, and float heights.

If it won't go over 5k rpms, but idles fine... your not getting enough fuel flow. Either gas is restricted from flowing to the bowls fast enough (check petcock, fuel lines, kinks, etc...) or you have gunk in the bowls that is clogging up your main jets. Pull them, inspect, clean, blow out, clean, blow out, clean, blow... . repeat as nessasary.

I strongly suggest you take the time and make sure the filters are on it, and all vacuum lines are connected or blocked off properly between each tune, otherwise your tuning it to something other than when you have the bike buttoned up and riding it. I know from experiance that leaving the filters off does not make this process faster...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Kinked fuel line or faulty petcock. How does it run on prime?
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

moved the e clip down 1 setting and a half now she purrs but the dang thing overfolws the bowls when running on "on" position so i think i need to rebuild the petcock correct? i know this crap about the floats they are right but they are old and some are twisted so im never going to get it "perfect" but would the petcock rebuild keep her from over flowing?

Comment

Properly working petcock will stop the flow of gas when the bike is not running.

If it's running, gas flow is on, and your problem will continue...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

replace your twisted floats.
                          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

where can i get the floats at? i know suzuki but is there any online places yall could direct me thanks
                            -mike

Comment

ok still bogs and wont rev over 6k

current setup
                              full vance hines exhaust , header , heat wrapped
                              k&n pods
                              dynojunk stage 3 jet kit

settings:

3 a/f
                              2.5 from top eclip on needles
                              14mm float height
                              136 jets

it wont rev over 6k rpms but when i unhook the vaccume and fuel line from the gas tank petcock and idle it for about 30seconds then try to rev it up she revs like a red headed step child 14k rpms idk what this could be i at first thought it was the jets 136 mains so i switched them out for 132 mains no luck same exact problem except for now she almost sounds like a ninja that destinctive sound and with the 136 jets she sounds like a gsxr but reguardless of how she sounds she still seems to faul the plugs idk im going crazy any suggestions? could a petcock do this? help please!
                              Last edited by mike10562004; 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X