X

too much fuel???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too much fuel???

Ok so here is the problem. I have a 1993 kat 750 that has a 94 600 No 1 carb followed by the original 3 from the bike. It sounds like it is flooding going up through the gears. This only happens after it is warmed up though. When you first start it, it will accelerate like a champ. But after a few minutes it starts to get a small girgle-like sound. I just give it more gas and it seems to just "push" the fuel on through. I put a new fuel line on as the one I had was too short and was getting pinched. I have a set of K&N's that I am gonna clean. Other than that, I really am stumped. Any help would be great!

Is the boot that connects the carb to the engine also swapped out to a 600 boot? If not, there is a issue there.

Is the 600 jetted, and the the 750 parts stock?

If not, your going to have some issues there.

I'm not even sure how to tune that since the 600 is going to be tied to another 750... maybe changing out the jets...

I know a full set of 600 carbs jetted with a stage 1 = about the same output as stock 750 carbs. Mixing them is a huge

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yeah I had a buddy do most of the work and I helped when I could. I did change out the jets.

Comment

Originally posted by gaara1983 View Post
        yeah I had a buddy do most of the work and I helped when I could. I did change out the jets.
        See the issue is the carb bodies are not the same. They are different sizes, and so you won't get the same air/fuel flow as the bodies from the 750 with the same size jets all the way around.

I'm not sure what you mean, so for clarificatin.... did you just put the 750 jets in the 600 carb body?

If that is correct, I don't really see you getting that tuned right.

What I was meaning by changing things out, is having the 600 different, but tuned to the fact that it's a smaller overall intake and output than the 750 carbs. The actual air flow through them is going to be different, and you would need to do tuning of the sizes of jets, etc for that.

I'm curious why you would swap out just the one body. You would be much better off working the all of them the same, be it 600 or 750 bodies.

As I said, I know if you jet the 600's with a stage one, you pretty much would have no issues running them on the 750 motor (I did it for 2 months and could not tell a difference between them and the stock 750 carbs).

.... Sounds to me light it's been over thought a little. I would go back to all of one set, and then tune from there.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X