X

noob

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob

hello all,fist let me say that i dont know much about bike mechanics,but never to late to learn,heres my problem,i have a 1992 kat 750,i had just bought it,and all was well ran great,till i was on my way to work one morning,it was running fine then all of the sudden i noticed the exhaust sounded almost hollow,and alot deeper than it should,then i lost all top end power,i checked the plugs all looked fine,and it starts right up,im not sure what happened,any insight would be great,thanks

sounds like something is blocking exhaust flow

I kind of remember reading something about a piece of metal coming loose in the header where all the pipes collect into one

not sure what year that was
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      sounds like something is blocking exhaust flow

I kind of remember reading something about a piece of metal coming loose in the header where all the pipes collect into one

not sure what year that was
      That would be the posts Kats.. Pre 750 stock was 4-2. Unless he has an aftermarket... then that is possible.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i do have an aftermarket 4 into one vance n hines.

Comment

ok,ive checked the exhaust,its clear ive checked fuel filter,ive checked air filter,the bike still starts and runs with no engine noise,the fact that the exhaust pitch has changed has me stumped,im not sure what to look at next.

Comment

the pitch changing because of the packing in the muffler. Your baffle is probably shot. Repack it and you'll be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              the pitch changing because of the packing in the muffler. Your baffle is probably shot. Repack it and you'll be good to go.
              would that have caused a loss in power though...

Could be a float issue too, flooding 1 or more carbs (hollow sound could be running rich, and loss of power)...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ok,well,i foun that one of the coils was cracked,i replaced that,it helped alot,now it will not idle and it seems to be popping through the muffler,never buy a bike off a friend,lol

Comment

Working...
                X