X

Stock needles with dynojet jets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock needles with dynojet jets?

So I just installed a dynojet jet kit on my carbs for my kat. I used the 120 jets and a friend of mine has my old slip-on and wants to use the 114 jets but we weren't sure if they would work with the stock needles. Just wanted some input if this would work. Has anyone ever tried it? It seems like they would work but they are a bit thicker than the dynojet ones.

DJ mains with stock needles?? That kinda backwards eh? I also do stock mains (cause DJ's suck) with DJ needles (but those suck too) They are however a lot more adjustable then stock. And on the 2nd groove from the top (at least on pre 750 BST36SS carbs) it works pretty well.
    Last edited by arsenic; 05-28-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Well dude , I went through over $100 in Mikuni jets before I learned they wouldn't play well with my DJ needles , so ....... Yeah , I wouldn't . Went through every size from 105-140 , and NONE would work properly .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by parkze View Post
        So I just installed a dynojet jet kit on my carbs for my kat. I used the 120 jets and a friend of mine has my old slip-on and wants to use the 114 jets but we weren't sure if they would work with the stock needles. Just wanted some input if this would work. Has anyone ever tried it? It seems like they would work but they are a bit thicker than the dynojet ones.
        DJ main jets are not numbered the same as a Mikuni jet so if your friend is thinking a Mikuni 114 then the DJ 114 will not even be close.

A DJ 114 is equal to a Mikuni 106.9, I doubt he would still want them.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
        X