X

Fuel/vacuum line question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel/vacuum line question

Batgirl's Project bike (Chinto's Katana)

Connecting 750 carbs to 600 gas tank fuel cock:

I think the 750 carbs have 2 fuel lines so I installed a "t fitting". Does this look right? If so, where's the no. 3 on the fuel tank go? There's also 2 lines on top of the air box.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

#3 from the underside of the fuel level sender is a vent. the line runs down and out under the frame. as i cant see where the two lines you are holding attatch to the carbs i cant tell ya where they go. under the tank #1 is the vacuum to hold the petcock open. on my 750 carbs, that's run off a line from the motor side of #4 carb (furthest right as you sit on the skoot) #2 is the fuel outlet
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Red #1 vac line
      Red #2 gas
      Red #3 vent tube

I think that pink #1 is fuel, and pink #2 are drain/vent tubes.... but I'm having a hard time making sense out of the picture.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        Red #1 vac line
        Red #2 gas
        Red #3 vent tube

I think that pink #1 is fuel, and pink #2 are drain/vent tubes.... but I'm having a hard time making sense out of the picture.
        I'm pretty sure Steves is correct.

There is a vacuum line somewhere in the bottom pic that isn't being circled to match the back of the petcock.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          Red #1 vac line
          Red #2 gas
          Red #3 vent tube

I believe both the pink are fuel, you can see the vent/drain tubes draped over the airbox and they aren't going to the pink.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

3 ain't a vent . It's a drain in case the sender seal fails . PRETTY sure ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
              I believe both the pink are fuel, you can see the vent/drain tubes draped over the airbox and they aren't going to the pink.
              That would be way too many fuel lines. It looks like joe connected up the vents/drains.

Originally posted by md86 View Post
              Vents/ drains... whatever
              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys! Sambuca's going to try to start it today...he thinks he has it now :

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl View Post
                  Thanks guys! Sambuca's going to try to start it today...he thinks he has it now :
                  Just tell him to watch the routing on the fuel lines... since it's gravity fed... you want to watch out for air bubbles.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                    Wow.. I bet you're right! Mystery solved! (not like it has kept me up nights.. But I have always wondered..)

Comment

Well , there IS 'posed to be a hose hooked up to it , too .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

We'll let you know tomorrow when we get back at it

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl View Post
                          We'll let you know tomorrow when we get back at it
                          hey wait a minute... Why isn't that lazy-you-know-what helping you fix his mess??

Comment

Working...
                          X