X

worn sproket and chain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worn sproket and chain

So I noticed the other day my bike was making a clicking (train going down the tracks type of noise). I can only hear it at low speeds ostly off a light so i took a look at the chain and sprocket. Looked like the wheel wasnt aligned perfectly even tho the ticks on each side of the axle where even. So i messed with it and noticed that my sprocket was very worn on the inner side. So i adjusted the wheel accordingly and cant hear the noise anymore although the chain itself is a little noisy from the rollers im assuming. So im thinking I definetly need to replace the rear sprocket and chain. I heard its a fairly simple thing but where can I buy the parts and how much? Do I need to replace the front sprocket also? When I bought the bike someone had already put another one it to regear it I havent looked at it yet so I dont know about its condition.
    My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

Yes, if you're replacing the chain replace both sprockets or vice versa. Your chain and sprockets both wear down as a group.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Where can I find them online somewhere?
      My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

Comment

try these guys ...CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM 1-866-842-0086 i like D.I.D. chains never will you have a problem real OEM stuff ..my 2nd choice is R.K. not the maylayasa one only the japan ones

Comment

Make sure to looooob frequently with a good chain lube. It'll save you wear and tear and $$$.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

great info, im going to do the same.
            Why is the sky blue?!??!?
            CUZ GOD LOVES THE INFANTRY!!!
            What makes the grass green grow?
            BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD MAKES THE GREEN GRASS GROW!!

Queen Of Battle FOLLOW ME!
            sigpic

05 GSXF 600
            Framesliders
            Illumiglo Gauges
            yoshimura exhaust

Comment

Working...
            X