X

93 Katana 750 Erratic Idle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Katana 750 Erratic Idle

Recently cleaned a set of carbs on a 93 Katana 750. I bench synchronized all 4 carbs with a feeler gauge and got them synced fairly well with vacuum gauges once installed on the bike, (they're pretty close but there is some fluctuation). The bike seems to run well except for the idle. When I rev it in neutral it drops down to approx. 2000 rpm and then slowly returns to roughly 1000 rpm. After idling at 1000 rpm, the idle will begin to drop and the motor stalls. I have all the idle screws set to 1.5 turns. Thanks for the help in advance.

PS Anyone recommend a top-end kit?

idle screws? the a/f screws should be in the neighborhood of 2.5 turns out. if your idle still dont play well reclean the pilot circuit. as long as you have to pull the carbs to reset the a/f screws you might as well clean the pilot circuit again while you're at it.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

^

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

What filter are you running?....

bump of the throttle, hanging high revs then slow drop to rough or no idle means your way lean.

If your running pod filters, you may have to turn the a/f screws out more than 2.5... I had to go 4.25 turns out on my 93 750.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X