Will a 1200 Bandit header work/fit on the 98+ 600 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 1200 Bandit header work/fit on the 98+ 600 Kat

As the title says.

Will the 1200 header work with the Kat 600 or will it flow too much.
    Jetting required I realize.

Buc
    it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

I think Speedo or Beekman put a bandit header on there bike, but I can't remember if it was off the 600 or the 1200. I guess Keith would be the man to ask, but he is gone for a while.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

it should fit i put a bandit 1200 header on my old 750 kat and since all the motors are the same it should fit only problem is the bandit header has longer down tubes so ground clearance issuse but i know it made my bike have more torque due to the longer down tube so is a 50/50 deal

Comment

Yeah, yo may have to cut away some of the plastics area. Also, may have to wrap part or all of the header with header wrap.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
          I think Speedo or Beekman put a bandit header on there bike, but I can't remember if it was off the 600 or the 1200. I guess Keith would be the man to ask, but he is gone for a while.

Beek has the Bandit header but I don't remember what size bike it was from.

I'll give him a call I guess..

Buc

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

I did have a full 98+ Yoshi 750 Exhaust on my 96 Kat 600.
            It did require a bit of work to make it fit but it did go.

I had to cut the lower cowling and rejet but boy-oh-boy it made a difference.

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Wow, that is a nice and clean look'n bike you got there!!
              I hate to have to polish and detail that though!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thanks but it's someone else's cleaning responsiblilty now.

Buc

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

it was always my understanding that a header from a 600 was not interchangeable with the 750 cuz of the distance between the ports. However, the 600 will change with the 1100 cuz they are the same. Am I mistaken on this? I am pretty sure you can go with any 1100 header without major modifications.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Yes.

Ok, actually I don't know, I just wanted to tell you that you were wrong, cuz I got owned in the crab thread
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Sooo what interchanges with the 750?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                        Sooo what interchanges with the 750?
                        actually, nothing but another 750 I think.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

600's and 750's, I believe, can use the same headers. I dunno why you'd put a 600 header on a 750, though. Anyway, as far as I know, the port spacing is the same on all of them. 600, 750, 1100R, 1100F, 1200...... all based on the same basic design. I'm sure Cyberpoet will give us the final word here, or SpecialK if he meanders on here.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I changed my skinny/ugly header to a Bandit 600 header. It fits but you have to cut a little off the inner chin fairing and get rid of the center stand. I'm thinking maybe the bandit center stand would work but I never bothered trying. BTW, the bandit header pipes are 1/4" larger inner diameter than stock....and muuuchhh better looking...

Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

It is my understanding that the Bandit headers will fit ALL the oil cooled Suzuki 4 cylinders (just not the water cooled ones) I just put a B1200 complete stock pipe on my 90 GSXF 750 and I have to say the golden looking stainless steel sure looks %100 better than the stock black 2x2s and it also seemed to give me a much more usable low mid powerband boost and the oversized muffler is just as quiet as you could possibly ask for. Check Ebay for deals on them - I got mine from there for $20
                              the shipping was more than that and it looked almost brand new -
                              Cyclegear has all the Scorpion exhaust slipons on sale for $199 - I am trying to decide just which one I want - I'm kinda partial to the oval blue looking one,,,

Comment

Working...
                              X