X

To those who have gone the "sleeper" route

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those who have gone the "sleeper" route

Starting my "winter" project early I am wanting to build a sleeper from the ground up. Of those of you that have done this which of the two contenders did you chose and why. gsxr 1127 or bandit 1200.
    Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

If by sleeper you mean "what the hell...that Kat just destroyed my Busa off the line?!?!?!"

I'd like a 750 in 600, drop a tooth in the front...convert to 520, add a little 50 shot of nitrous....

You would be doing 90 before the Busa released the clutch
    sigpic

Comment

Pansies. Go electric.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDHJNG2PngQ"]YouTube - Killacycle New World Record 155 MPH![/ame]

Men who drive electric have balls so big, their balls have balls, and even their ball's balls are bigger than most balls.
      charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Not that I've looked into it or anything ......
        The B12 STOMPS the GSXR in torque AND HP up until about 8k RPM's . After that , the R pulls out a lead , and has quite a top end advantage . Me , I want the torque . THAT'S what gives you the "RIGHT NOW" kick in the pants . And I don't often feel the need to go much past 8k RPM's anyway . B12 for me , please .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

But theres nothing like, hitting 90 mph in first and poking at the redline. Then shifting into 2nd. But I have one of those R bikes, So I should just shut up.
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
            But theres nothing like, hitting 90 mph in first and poking at the redline. Then shifting into 2nd. But I have one of those R bikes, So I should just shut up.
            Ditto, not even a close choice for me. R please
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Put kat farings on a busa maybe?

The main problem I see is as long as you're running the kat frame you have a serious weight disadvantage to the lighter aluminum framed R models. Between the b12 and the gixxer motor though I'd probably do the b12 mostly because of the information you'll be able to find on this site regarding the mod (you'll have much more community support).
              Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

I think what Keith used to say, is that the Bandit motor has "MUCH more tune-ability" if you are planning to spend money on engine mods.... the stock numbers on a Bandit 1200 aren't that impressive... but it's a good base to start from.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

No , the numbers didn't appear all that great on paper . Near 100hp , but about 70ft/lbs of torque . However, it comes on EARLY , and with a simple pipe , jet kit , and cams , that thing's gonna put out about 130hp and 90-100ft/lbs of torque . Plus it cruises at 4k rpm's at 90mph . I rode Keith's GSXR11 equipped Kat . Aside from the jetting still being not qwuite right , I was less than impressed with the torque . It didn't feel a WHOLE lot more arm-stretching than my 771 initially whacking the throttle .

Comment

lol I like the modding of the Kat fairings on a Busa frame.....

Woohoo...I am winning!!! WAIT....a corner is coming up....crap I lost! lol
                    sigpic

Comment

B12 for sure. Would love to come out of a corner in 3rd and still have arm straightening power at 4k rpms...

Comment

I say B12! Gotta go with the TORQUE!
                        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                        sigpic

Comment

Wish a Had kept my 2004 B12 motor now. But I didnt have a kat back then to put it on. Oh well. Live and learn.
                          Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

any particular years of the b12 to stay away from, or prefered?
                            Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

'00-'01 seem to have had issues with burning oil . Poor ring design or some such . May wanna do some research to get the specifics before shopping in earnest .....

Comment

Working...
                              X