X

Electrical Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Problem

I have 750 kat. When I rev the bike up it studders. I am wondering if it is a problem with the spark. I took the spark plugs out and one of them was black. It was a dry black, not wet like it is running to rich.

Am I able to switch the spark wire order to see if that causes another plug to have the same problem or is each wire timed specifically for that piston. Are there any other ways that I could check if this problem is being caused by the coils?

Thanks

At what RPMs does it stutter?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by joshi_88 View Post

Am I able to switch the spark wire order to see if that causes another plug to have the same problem
      Yes . Right coil is for 1/4 , left coil is for 2/3 . Don't swap between coils , though . Like you CAN put wire 1 on plug 4 , but don't put it on 2 or 3 .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

ok thanks md, thats what I was wondering.

The RPMs are inconsistent, it will stutter at all different.

Comment

good carb cleaning and sync. check for vacuum leaks and kinked fuel lines and petcock vacuum line. fresh plugs while you're at it
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
          X