wierd clicking from the front sprocket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd clicking from the front sprocket

Hey everyone,

when i ride there are no clicking. however as soon as i slow down, or just roll on the first gear though an inter section or so that clicking re-appear. any idea what could be the problem?

p.s i did try to change the tension, if i losen it too much there will be no sound. but if i properly tension it the sound will be there.

Thanks alot

Sounds like a roller is binding, the chain is stretched to the max, or it's loose on the sprocket. New chain fixes that.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'd change the sprockets also.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

The bike has 14000km on it. is it a normal time for the chain and sprockets to go?

Thanks again

Comment

As they always say, "it depends". If your chain is stretched and worn, it may be time for a new one. Check the wear in on the sprocket teeth. It is usually recommended to change the sprocket if the teeth are significantly worn. They should still have a clean, straight sawtooth shape to them (both sides of the teeth relatively even). Using a worn chain for too long will contribute to accellerated wear on the sprocket teeth.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
            The bike has 14000km on it. is it a normal time for the chain and sprockets to go?

Thanks again
            It all depends on how well the chain was taken care of, cleaned, lubed, adjusted.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
            X