The idle knob- it does NOTHING

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The idle knob- it does NOTHING

sorry, poor simpson's reference.
    I killed a few plugs the other day. I started the bike a week ago, and was idling around 1500rpm, so i turned the knob and dropped it to about 1200.

a few days ago i started up and the bike felt like sh*t (this was in the morning) it was bogged down, and didnt sound right- when i tried to increase the idle speed, the bike would not respond to the turning. it just hung out at 1100-1200.

So the other day i did a full oil change and swapped all my plugs. Noone here has any iridium .

The bogging issue is gone, and the bike sounds great, but kinda weak while idling at around 1000 to 1100. but i still cannot change my idle with the knob on the carbs. it just kinda spins like its there for looks. any ideas?
    charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

You broke it .
    If you wanna find out what's up , take carbs off and see what that cable's doing under there . Maybe it broke .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

My wife calls me an idle knob.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
        You broke it .
        If you wanna find out what's up , take carbs off and see what that cable's doing under there . Maybe it broke .
        Dammit you're supposed to say something encouraging that doesnt involve me pulling the tank back off, like "oh, well its a litte switch next to the ignition that re-enables it..."

sick of a lot of things in this world. yankin my carbs apart is one of em.
        charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Working...
        X