X

750 motor in a 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 motor in a 600

Is it direct bolt in plug and play, Or will I have some mods to do? I have a comeplte 1988 kat 600 that runs and a complete 89 750 that runs but cannot be titled. Can I just drop the 750 motor in. I dont have the bikes here yet, I am going to get them tomorrow. Thanks
    Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

search "engine swap"

let the flaming begin!!!
    Last edited by rexazz2; 05-24-2009, 04:25 PM.
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Flame away, I have been wrenching on bike for awhile, Just have no kat experience.

Comment

Originally posted by frobotz View Post
        Flame away, I have been wrenching on bike for awhile, Just have no kat experience.

There is info here for just about everything you could ask , just most guys dont use the search function first
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Pre 98 to pre 98 you got it easy.

Total plug and play.

Use the 750 engine, carbs, airbox, CDI, oil cooler, exhaust.

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
            Pre 98 to pre 98 you got it easy.

Total plug and play.

Use the 750 engine, carbs, airbox, CDI, oil cooler, exhaust.

Done.
            Airbox and CDI are interchangeable.......

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Airbox and CDI are interchangeable.......

Airbox I can see. I thought the 750 has a different rev limit, which would make me think that the CDI is a bit different. 600 and 750 can go back and forth?
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Airbox I can see. I thought the 750 has a different rev limit, which would make me think that the CDI is a bit different. 600 and 750 can go back and forth?
                I've had no issues (used one off the 600 for a couple of months actually), and it didn't change my rev limit....

I thought that was at the signal generator?...

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Glad to hear the airbox is interchangable, Thats the only part the 750 is missing. Once I get it fired up and see what I have. I am going ot psrt it out adn build the 600. I like the tail of the 600 much better then the 750 and the split seat. But thats all cosmetic really. Anyhow the 600 is titled, and the 750 isnt, So that makes the decision easy for me.

Comment

The airbox ITSELF is interchangeable..but the intake hoses on the airbox will be or should be different sizes. The 750 carbs are bigger in diameter than the 600 carbs. At least in my case they were (I installed a 2001 750 / carbs in a 91 600) I'm using the post 98 airbox, works fine.

As for the CDI, it probably is just the rev limit. But if you have the 750 CDI sitting there for free, why not use it? It plugs right in...

Comment

Yip, looks like plug adn play. I got eh 750 fired up. Sounds pretty strong. Went thru the gears, Now I can pull teh motor and start my build on the 600. I have to buy a gasket set, The 750 is leaking oil from the oil passages on the front of the motor and around the oil pan. No big deal. .

Comment

Working...
                      X