X

jet kit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet kit?

im trying to make my 93 katana 600 go a bit faster or give it some more get up and go.

somebody suggested a jet kit.

what is that? how much do they usually cost? and is it hard to instal?

thanks

A jet kit refers to new parts that will change the amount of fuel your carbs deliver to the engine. More fuel means a little more go.

Costs are around 130 ish. Instal isn't that hard, read carbs 101 or 102 depending upon your bike.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

10 Katana Upgrades
      motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Factory Pro - look for S14 jet kit for Katanas (if yours is a 98+)

Ivan's Jet Kit - the other popular one

Comment

S22 - Factory Pro. With a pre 98 you have 2 options. Factory Pro and DynoJet. Stay away from DynoJet. $129.95 + shipping.

Comment

Okay... what about a Jet kit for a 91 1100Kat..... I'm having a tough time locating one that isn't DynoJet. Also, what stage do I go for (upgrading also to single K&N and probably the V&H SSR2 full exhaust.

Comment

I just got done cleaning up a '90 1100 Kat that had sat for 3+ years. the owner told me it had a stage 1 jet kit, indivual K&N pods and a full exhaust. He also stated that she ran like crap after a "tune up" just before getting stored. for the life of me i couldnt get it to hold a steady idle, and therefore sync. I even had Lou down to help and he couldnt figgure it out either. Arsenic tried helping also without success. after playing 20 questions and the owner digging out the original packaging it came to light it was a DynoJet stage THREE kit, not a stage one. more questions and the owner fessed up to having to drill out the pilot air jets because it kept running rich (a noted katana only problem in the install instructions) After reading the install directions, and knowing the owner had drilled the pilot air jets, she had to be set to 4.5 turns out to run. TWO FULL TURNS more than usual. she finally settled down, idled well (after plugging the pilot jets twice more from passing crap thru the K&N's) and sync'd up.

I have to admit that it's smooth, impressive power twisting the throttle from almost any possision, closed to well open. i guess just be ready for a whole bunch of mickey mouse, and prolly run foam pre-filters over the K&Ns. you'll have to make these yourself from a sheet of green foam available from Uni.
            99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I am just wondering if there is a kit other than they DynoJet

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                for the life of me i couldnt get it to hold a steady idle, and therefore sync. I even had Lou down to help and he couldnt figgure it out either. Arsenic tried helping also without success. after playing 20 questions and the owner digging out the original packaging it came to light it was a DynoJet stage THREE kit, not a stage one. more questions and the owner fessed up to having to drill out the pilot air jets because it kept running rich (a noted katana only problem in the install instructions) After reading the install directions, and knowing the owner had drilled the pilot air jets, she had to be set to 4.5 turns out to run. TWO FULL TURNS more than usual. she finally settled down, idled well
                Just got a reminder of that exact issue myself (trying to figure out why it won't idle at 2.5 turns, had to go out to 4.25 turns)... Formerly had a stage 3...

Originally posted by dsmith367 View Post
                I am just wondering if there is a kit other than they DynoJet

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prods13.html

Here is what you want.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                X