X

88 katana 1100f gas lines to tank ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 katana 1100f gas lines to tank ?

hello everyone, i have a question for everyone .i'm assembling the tank back on the bike and i have new gas lines 2 of them and i know where they go ,but the two vent hoses i'm not sure about and is there a hose that goes on the petcock besides the 2 gas lines? i',m sure there is because the petcock looks like it has a diaphram on it like a little pump for the fuel, so on the bike i have 2 gas lines and 2 hoses left ,one is a vent that goes under the bike the other comes from the carbs but the problem is, there is 5 places on the underside of the tank for hoses and only 4 on the bike,,,any help would be great..... thanks have some pics to help out
    Attached Files

the small hose from the motor side of #3 carb goes to the petcock for the vacuum diaphram. one small hose from under the skoot goes to the underside of the fuel level sender, and there is a drain forward of the petcock that runs down and hangs free like the one from the fuel level sender. there are two hard vent hoses from the air box side of the carbs that lay across the top of the carbs open to the air.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

great thanks for the help,i do have a problem and maybe u can help,the bike was running fine earlier this spring,then all of a sudden it starts to run like its on 3 cyl,s when u twist the throttle its a little ruff..and when u drive it and hammer down its just not fast(ya know what i mean) 1100 kat fast. So i take it in to the shop they tell me the two middle cyl,s were full of gas so they rebuilt the carbs adjusted the valves replaced the valve cover with new seal and $700.00 later and guess what,,,same problem i had earlier is still there,so i pulled off the tank and checked the coils and wires they are in spec so my trusty multi meter says/.hummm now i'm stumped i thinking fuel ??? its not burning oil,starts right upand one other thing when i gear down to stop it back fires or rumbles a little ..not loud but u can feel it and hear it what would cause this??? thanks for the help
      ps i have a shop manual..................

Comment

Working...
      X