X

faster!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faster!!!

i used to have a 750 honda before my more recent katana. my 750 had a bunch more get up and go off the back. what are some tricks if any that can get my katana up 2 speed?

Originally posted by thadude-who-wrestles View Post
    i used to have a 750 honda before my more recent katana. my 750 had a bunch more get up and go off the back. what are some tricks if any that can get my katana up 2 speed?
    bigger engine or...

jet kit, advancer, sprocket change... shift spring will help save your 2nd gear... But still won't quite be a 750...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

that's a pretty broad question now isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        that's a pretty broad question now isn't it?
        yes it is

Comment

I can make a 600 have more HP then ANY OEM 750, how much money you want to spend doing it? Cause over sized 71mm pistons are a big part of that. You know how they say "there's no replacement for displacement"? Yeah, they mean that.

Comment

what are some tricks if any that can get my katana up 2 speed?
            Re-gearing the sprockets.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

ok what are some ways that a novice mechanic do or learn to do to increase the speed of his bike that are on the cheep side?

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              bigger engine or...

jet kit, advancer, sprocket change... shift spring will help save your 2nd gear... But still won't quite be a 750...

Krey
              can u explain these options a bit more? how much do they cost, how hard, etc?
              Last edited by thadude-who-wrestles; 05-23-2009, 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ok what are some ways that a novice mechanic do or learn to do to increase the speed of his bike that are on the cheep side?

can u explain these options a bit more? how much do they cost, how hard, etc?
                How much is the Max $ amount you would call cheap?

I answered the other posts you made about what they are....

Jet Kit $130
                Sprockets and Chain $150
                Advancer $50
                Shift Spring $40

Prices are aproximate. Most of them are not hard to do.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                X