Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Finally bike runs....now idle high!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally bike runs....now idle high!!!!!!!!

Ok so i got a new cdi which was my problem when i start bike it idles to about 3k and stays there....also when i roll on idle it jumps right up but slowly comes down the only thing i know is missing is the rubber plug in 1 jet..and a little o-ring in the black cap on my carbs....

i was told to spray some wd40 to try and find the leak...im not tryin to start a fire though...

Before digging into the carbs, one simple thing to check is to make sure the choke isn't stuck. On my '93 Kat 600, the choke cable connects to a metal bar which runs along all four carbs, and has protrusions that pull a plunger on each carb. When I was putting mine back together, I noticed the choke didn't want to return, and saw a small bend in the bar. Bent it back, and it smoothed right out. Putting a little WD-40 on stiff plungers can help as well.

Comment

i checked the choke that is good

Comment

So you know that caps and o-rings are missing?

Comment

its just 1 small o-ring and 1 plug for small jet but had it like this and ran fine before i will be buying the 2 missin pieces though but i know thats not it

Comment

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
            Before digging into the carbs, one simple thing to check is to make sure the choke isn't stuck. On my '93 Kat 600, the choke cable connects to a metal bar which runs along all four carbs, and has protrusions that pull a plunger on each carb. When I was putting mine back together, I noticed the choke didn't want to return, and saw a small bend in the bar. Bent it back, and it smoothed right out. Putting a little WD-40 on stiff plungers can help as well.
            I exact same thing happened to me 4 years ago and that is what I had to do also

Comment

guess i might as well start sprayin some 40

Comment

my idle is crazy and when i let off throttle it still returns slow cant find any leaks

Comment

vacuum leak(s). replace that plug and cap. dirty pilot circuit
                  99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                  '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                  Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

ok it needs to be resync anyone in jersey know how or can help me sync is way off

Comment

OK dude, replace those missing parts! (Shaking head) Once you've got those in let me know. We'll work out an evening we're both around. I've got the gauge here at the apartment.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

check the idle adjuster

Comment

im happy to say that i fixed my bike and saved $500 thanks guys the stealership was tryin to rape me in labor work but i figured it out....after starting the bike adjusting starting adjusting...ect finally got it to run right and idle at 1100 went riding for a good 2 hours sunday no prob felt good better then when i first bought it....and i can def feel the 4th cyl working now when it stops raining i need to change my front tire and clean up the chain

Comment

Awesome news! Wish I was riding. Sunday was perfect weather.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

yea it was nice thanks bill for helping me out really appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                              X