X

sprocket size question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprocket size question

hi, i was wondering whats a good combo for improved take off.

i want to make it nice and snappy off the line.

13 and 48 = wheelies?

also where can i get different sprockets

and what are the stock sprockets

-1 in front= wheelies in first, when it hooks up
    top speed dropped, redline in 6th is indicated about 150, which I would guess is maybe 135 in actuality.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

i get wheelies in first stock....

i want wheelies in second

i don't care too much for top speed.

150 is more then enough

what do you guys think it would take to get it up in 2nd?

what size sprockets front / rear

and where to buy

Comment

oh yeah i have an 03 kat 600 with a hindle exhaust.

Comment

ok, let me restate....
          with stock gearing if I was mean and aggressive toward it in first and whacked it wide open at 8K RPM or so, it'd go up. Now, if I whack it wide open at 3-4K RPM (on a hot day, when traction is high) it'll send the front wheel up, and carry it until I shift into 2nd. I'm sure I could abuse it up in 2nd, probably even in 3rd, but it won't do a straight roll-on wheelie in any gear but first.
          This is on a 1990 750
          The gearing also knocked me down from 11.7@115 in the 1/4 mile to 11.6@118.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
          X