X

Removing rear seat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing rear seat?

Still getting to know my bike... 1991 600 Kat, front seat off with no problem, key on left side (although when the seat latches back down it doesn't meet up with the tank as nicely as it seems it should... Any ideas? Seems to gap a bit...)

I am wondering if the rear sit comes off easily too? Extra storage? Or is that a bigger project? And exactly how hard to find are those original suzuki solo cowls with all the storage underneath... saw one on one of the threads... Is it like hunting down the end of a rainbow, or a bit more attainable than that?

Lauren
    '91 Katana 600, my knight in shining armor, very well loved and going to be well used...sigpic

Originally posted by femmekat View Post
    ...doesn't meet up with the tank as nicely as it seems it should...
    Make sure the tab on the front of the seat is engaging the bracket all the way. My 750 seat will seem pretty solidly installed if I miss but it's not on all the way and there's a big gap between it and the tank.

As for the solo cowls, finding an OEM one is like finding fish fur. You can get an aftermarket one from md86, though. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ight=solo+seat
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by femmekat View Post
      Still getting to know my bike... 1991 600 Kat, front seat off with no problem, key on left side (although when the seat latches back down it doesn't meet up with the tank as nicely as it seems it should... Any ideas? Seems to gap a bit...)

I am wondering if the rear sit comes off easily too? Extra storage? Or is that a bigger project? And exactly how hard to find are those original suzuki solo cowls with all the storage underneath... saw one on one of the threads... Is it like hunting down the end of a rainbow, or a bit more attainable than that?

Lauren

Rear seat on your bike is removed by taking out the 4 allen bolts holding the rear grab bar on (2 on each side) and then 2 more screws holding down the latch for the front seat. Not real hard, it's just not a quick release mounting.

The solo cowls are mostly available from Mreedohio, link above is correct. He has several versions, and a couple more coming. Not sure how easily the "storage" under them access wise is without fully removing the cover.

A picture of the "gap" your referring to would help to diagnose the issue. Could be a couple of things... The seat may be warped, and a heat gun used carfully can help to resolve that issue. Tank mounting and gas tank may be moved forward a small amount, or the seat may be moved back (bent brackets possibly).

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X