Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

valve adjustment/check before jet kit???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve adjustment/check before jet kit???

I have a 2001 katana 600 with the D&D exhaust and planning on putting the Ivans jet kit in it but have a few questions below:

* do I need to have the valve check/adjust first before installing the jet kit( It have 12,875 miles right now and don't know if the previous owner even did that before)

* If I go back to the stock exhaust after installing the jet kit do I need to readjust the jet kit for the stock exhaust( sometimes the D&D is just too loud)

*If I have the jet kit installed and a later date I adjusted my valves, do I need to have the jet kit adjusted too.

thanks all
    Derick

*Your valves shouldn't have any big effect on your jetting, but it's a good idea to check your valve clearances anyway.

*Yes, if you went back to stock after jetting for the D&D, you'll be running pig rich, and will require rejetting.

*Doubtful
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

after installing the jet kit - the carbs will be sync'd. the valve adjustment will effect the sync adjustment.

ivans kit is designed for the stock filter - i doubt he makes a big jump in the main jet just for a slip-on - so i'f you put the stock pipe back on it'll just run a little rich. ( will it foul your plugs ? you'll just have to see )

tim

Comment

whoa, slip on? I was under the assumption that this was a full system we spoke of. In that case, it shouldn't be that much of a difference. It may run a bit rich, but probably not rediculously so. But I still stand behind that you shouldn't have to change your *jetting* with a valve adjustment. syncing, I have absolutely no prior knowledge of, so I'll take your word for it.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
        X