X

complete fork replacement 2006 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complete fork replacement 2006 750

I just recently purchased my first motorcycle and have managed to bend the forks pretty well. I need to get them replaced and don't mind learning to do the auto work to replace them. My problem is I've been trying to find replacement parts for it but I seem to be having no luck.

If you look straight down the steering column you can see the tube is bent, I figure that is going to just require an entire fork assembly replacement? Could anyone point in me in the direction for the generic names of the parts that I need to be replacing and possibly a service manual to follow? There was a link for some of the katana manuals on this site but the ones I needed did not work.

Originally posted by zenebatos View Post
    I just recently purchased my first motorcycle and have managed to bend the forks pretty well. I need to get them replaced and don't mind learning to do the auto work to replace them. My problem is I've been trying to find replacement parts for it but I seem to be having no luck.

If you look straight down the steering column you can see the tube is bent, I figure that is going to just require an entire fork assembly replacement? Could anyone point in me in the direction for the generic names of the parts that I need to be replacing and possibly a service manual to follow? There was a link for some of the katana manuals on this site but the ones I needed did not work.
    Just a suggestion check the triple clamps while you are lookin around.

Check Ebay for used fork tubes that are straight.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by zenebatos View Post
      If you look straight down the steering column you can see the tube is bent
      Depending on the severity of the bend you may only need to replace the stanchion, a.k.a. the shiney male slider portion.

It would be best to disassemble the forks to see what is actually is damaged and needs to be replaced.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
      X