X

suzuki engine lubricants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki engine lubricants

hey is oil the only fluid i need too add or is there clutch and transmission fluid too ? thanks for a any advice yall can give

The engine oil is shared by the clutch and the transmission.

As far as fluids go, you need DOT4 (or whatever your manual recommends) for the brakes.

Comment

awesome thats what i thought always helps too get a second opinion though i appreciate your help

Comment

Just make sure that when you change your oil you use "Motorcycle" oil and not just "Automobile" oil. Regular Automobile Oil has friction modifiers that do not work well in a transmission situation. Make sure the bottle states that it meets the standards in your manual. My 05 600 manual recommends the following requirements of SF/SG or SH/SJ or JASO classification of MA.

The first time I bought oil the bozo at Autozone gave me the wrong stuff. I was glad I checked my manual when I got home.

Comment

Brake Fluid for the Kat: Use DOT 4. Preferred brands are Castrol GT LMA 4+, and as a back-up, Valvoline PowerSynth (DOT 4). Both are higher than DOT 4 in terms of dry temp, both are absolutely clear (easy to see contamination and when you're done flushing); the Castrol will support a little more water than the Valvoline. PepBoys carries both normally.

As for oil:

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X