X

Can a SRAD 97 750 carb fit into Katana 600 88 model? Plseeeeeeeeeeee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a SRAD 97 750 carb fit into Katana 600 88 model? Plseeeeeeeeeeee

I have a problem with my 1988 katana 600. Very hard to start. And obviously cannot start if the engine idling and died by itself.

I've upgrade the battery to a bigger 12 instead of 10 original one. Improved on the starter sound (it rev faster). But still dont solve the problem.

My mechanis told me maybe the carburetor is the problem. So is it possible to change my standard carb to SRAD 97 750 since it quite easy to get.

Thanks

blade99
    Mat Rempit is not Allowed......

Why not just clean out your carbs? Save you the $$ of a new set with a couple cans of carb cleaner and/or bottle of Seafoam/Techron, and a couple of hours?

I think the SRAD ones are bigger than the Kat carbs, I think people here were using those on the 1100 Kats but may be too big for the 600.
    Last edited by Jax; 05-18-2009, 12:59 PM.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 88-89
      Hello

Comment

Srad carbs are downdraft so thats a non starter
        Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

That, and the sync ports are on the bottom, which doesn't make much sense, because you have to remove the carbs to tune them. I spose one could put extensions on the ports.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

never mind, I HAD a set of 88-89 600 carbs

Comment

Katana carb 1988

How about a WP model GSXR 750?

Anyone have tried before or if there's other option, plse.

I have no idea since I came from different background. Any idea is welcome.

blade99
              Mat Rempit is not Allowed......

Comment

Just pull your carbs, clean them out well, and resynch them. Kat carbs are very easy to pull apart and clean.
                Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                X