X

Clutch 1100FN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch 1100FN

Hi, i need some good idears concerning my sick clucth, it sounds like all the gear teeth are leaving though the exhaust every time i shift into first and when i shift downwards from 3 to 1 or neutral, then its very difficoult to do this because the gears/clutch are dragging very hard even if i do this shifting as soft as possible.(the same drag in first with the clutch drawn)
    I had changed the clutch plates, springs and oiltype, even polished the wear traces in the clutch hubs.

Main and slave cylinder is overhauled, plus new hose!

Please throw some idears on the table before i dump my nice bike into the harbour

Kind regards.
    Jan
    Copenhagen DK
    Regards from Denmark
    Jan

I would say adjust your clutch cable, but the 1100 is hydraulic, so bleed your clutch lines, maybe some air in there?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Bleed

Oh, belive me i have bleeded an changed oil several times but without any improvement

Jan
      Regards from Denmark
      Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer View Post
        Oh, belive me i have bleeded an changed oil several times but without any improvement
        Oh well

You crazy hippies and your clutch mechanisms with all this fluid and junk...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have experience with hyd. clutches in cars but not bikes. They all work on the same principle. You said you overhauled the slave cylinder and resivior? What all did you do? Rebuild? replace?

Comment

Clutch again

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
            I have experience with hyd. clutches in cars but not bikes. They all work on the same principle. You said you overhauled the slave cylinder and resivior? What all did you do? Rebuild? replace?
            I replaced the pistons and seals in both cylinders!Main and slave!
            I'd bleeded several times, even with a compressed air bleeding bottle.
            I suspect/think that maybe the alu hub is worn too much(markings from the plates), but i'm not really sure
            It was easyer just send it to the workshop but it would be better and offcourse cheaper to fix it my selve....
            Jan
            Regards from Denmark
            Jan

Comment

Working...
            X