X

Katana 750 Installing Slider Bushing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 750 Installing Slider Bushing

I'm reassembling front forks on a Katana 750. I installed a new bushing at the base of the fork tube, installed it in the slider and torqued the allen bolt. Now I need to know how to install the slider bushing. The slider bushing installs first, followed by the large washer, followed by the oil seal. I have the proper size PVC pipe to drive the oil seal home but need to seat the bushing first. Any tips on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand your question. You don't seal any bushing, it's fine on the fork tube

Comment

Use the large washer and set that on top of the bushing and tap it on in. It does not require much force so no need to get crazy with it. Then pull the washer and check to make sure it looks good and slides free then washer, Seal & then clip, Then dust seal.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        I'm not sure I understand your question. You don't seal any bushing, it's fine on the fork tube
        He's talking about seating the top bushing in the lower part of the fork assy. The one that is directly below the oil seal. Tmod nailed it.

Comment

oh okay, yeah, nothing to it. I don't even consider that a step Ok, now I'm thinking about it, I've never done ANYTHING with that. When you use a fork seal driver (like your supposed too). The washer sits on top of the bushing, then you drive in the seal. So doesn't that do the seating Tmod is referring too?
          Last edited by arsenic; 05-16-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I would assume so. I drive a truck and sell spring water. I'm dumb most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
              Use the large washer and set that on top of the bushing and tap it on in. It does not require much force so no need to get crazy with it. Then pull the washer and check to make sure it looks good and slides free then washer, Seal & then clip, Then dust seal.

Tmod

Took me a little while to get it on my first one. I couldnt figue out why the snap ring groove wouldnt line up then I saw the bushing wasnt down far enough. While your at it throw in the washers between the spring seat and metal tube to stiffen up those springs. Makes a world of difference. Search $.10 fork mod.
              Last edited by HemiKat; 05-19-2009, 08:13 PM.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
              X