X

what will happen if put on aftermarket exhaust with no jet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what will happen if put on aftermarket exhaust with no jet

I have just purchased a yosh r and d full exhaust for my 96 kat 600.
    I am going to jet the carbs but dont have the funds to buy the jet kit now. What type of problems will I notice if I do this.
    Will I cause any damagae if I do this.
    Will the bike be rideable.
    Thank you in advance for your replies.
    nitros

You'll run lean. I don't see why it wouldn't be rideable, but it's not going to be as much fun. Want a cheap fix until you get your jet kit? Go out to a shop, or to one of many bike parts stores online, and order some 115 main jets, then hit a hobby store, or a good hardware store, and snatch up some little washers to fit under your needles (size #4 if I'm not mistaken), and drill out your mixture screws and back them out a little. Total cost should be around $15-20, and it'll get your jetting close enough to make riding bearable until you manage a jet kit.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

also if you run lean for too long, you could possible burn out a valve
      ------------------------------------------------------
      Lean in Lean out.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
      2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
      2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
      2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Another cheap fix is to just order the jets from Dennis Kirk, or see if Special k has any laying around. Jets are cheap. $6 bucks for 2 or $12 for 4 of them from Dennis Kirk. That will get you going in the right direction
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
          Another cheap fix is to just order the jets from Dennis Kirk, or see if Special k has any laying around. Jets are cheap. $6 bucks for 2 or $12 for 4 of them from Dennis Kirk. That will get you going in the right direction
          +1....if you can afford an exhaust, you should put out the few extra bucks for the jets and get it over with.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i was running with a new vance and hines SS system w/o a jet, it was stupid. the engine ran SUPER hot and melted the lower plastic on my bike... so now, i have no lower plastic, hehe. i just took it off, it looked dumb anyways =]
            but if i were to do it again, i would DEFINITELY rejet at the same time... my bike back fired real bad too, though, it sounded cool...
            i'm starting to wonder if that's why i'm currently having some issues with something, engine, carbs, something. can't figure out what it is.

Comment

www.sudco.com has all size jet for most major carb manufactures.

at <$5 as shot..............

Buc
              it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

ok I will order the jet kit just needed to hear that
                Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                X