X

How bad do these emulsion tubes look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad do these emulsion tubes look?

As bad as I think? It was tough getting the slide guides out so this is the first I've ever seen of these emulsion tubes.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by CT_KAT; 05-12-2009, 03:24 PM. Reason: bad pic

While the od of the emulsion tube does make a difference, The crucial part is the clearance between the needle and the concentricity of the id of the needle jet. If the id is oblong or worn on one side change it.

Tmod

Comment

+1 , you're looking for the needle and tube to be as concentric as possible. You want a nice match there. Use an eye loupe or mag glass to look at the ID of the tube.

Also, make sure you check all the small ports on the emul tube to make sure there is no blockage. Soak in carb cleaner or clean with toothbrush bristles then blow out with canned air.
      1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
      1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

I've seen worse, but not by very much.

Look for a product at AutoZone or Advanced Auto Parts called "Barryman's Carb Dip" I think it's about $20 for a gallon bucket of the stuff. Just be careful not to get it on your clothes, or garage floor because it will stink.

It comes in a gallon pail, and should eat most of the crap off the tubes. Then you can inspect for an "egg shape" or clogged passages.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
        X