X

clutch not disengaging all the way?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch not disengaging all the way?

Just noticed today that it seems like my clutch isnt disengaging fully. I went to get on my bike pulled in the clutch and while it would roll it didnt feel like it was in neutral it felt like there was still some drag on the bike. Then I noticed it didnt want to shift from nuetral to second very easy. It evenutally did and made a not so healthy noise. Also if i try and put it in first going fast it really doesnt like that. Not that I do that often just something I noticed (just shift into first not shift and actually engage first like when rolling to a stop light up ahead). All the other gears and operations seemed to be fine tonight. I have the clutch cable adjusted as tight as i can get it on the handle bar side any other solutions?
    My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

You may have too much slack in the cable and may need to replace it.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Turn the handle bar adjuster all they way back in. Start your adjustment down on the engine and do the fine adjustment at the bars.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

When you jumped on the bike , it wasn't running , right ? Yeah , it'll drag like that in gear/clutch in when not running , unless it's hot . And checking cable adjustment should ALWAYS be the first place to start when things don't feel right ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Ill look at it after work today. No it wasnt running but it felt odd that it wasnt moving freely i could have swore it wasnt like that before.
          My first bike: 2001 Suzuki GSX-F

Comment

Originally posted by wyzat520 View Post
            i could have swore it wasnt like that before.
            Yeah , well , it's funny what one does and does not notice from day to day , even though nothing has actually changed .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X