X

Oil change.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil change.

Alright, any tips or tricks to getting the @#$%@#-ing oil filter off this thing? I can't even get my goddamned hand back in there, so make me look stupid. Tell me what method you use to get the damned thing off that I've overlooked.
    1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
    1993 Suzuki Katana 600 [Sold]
    1982 Yamaha Maxim 400 [Sold]

You could take the header off or pick up an oil filter wrench that fits on the end of a ratchet.
    "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

I went to Advanced Auto and purchased a Oil filter wrench like this...
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

+1 oil filter wrench.

Right tool for the job...

Comment

I use a strap type oil filter wrench that goes on a rathcet, that way you can use it on your car or truck too
          89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

I use my hand usually . I like the K&N filters because of the nut . But yeah , the filter wrench is handy . Got on in my toolbox I ain't used for years .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X